- Socks, the Clinton White House cat who softened Hillary's brittle image, was dumped on Bill Clinton's personal secretary, Betty Currie, after the Presidency ended. More...
- I remember when voices from the other side of the pond smugly derided Americans for our racism. Now, one of Britain's top black police officers urges more stops of blacks under a "stop and search" approach to reduce that nation's soaring violent crime rate. Notice that the headline refers to those who would be stopped as "suspects." Where are Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
- Haredi youths in Israel attacked a woman, a soldier and police after the woman refused to move to the back of a bus on their orders (from the Jerusalem Post). Haredi is an ultra-conservative form of Orthodox Judaism.
- A former Hamas spokesperson says the takeover of Gaza was a big mistake.
- Is Turkey on the brink of invading Iraq?
- Squabbling Belgians can agree on one thing: they want tighter controls on immigration.
- On a narrow Tokyo street, near a beef bowl restaurant and a pachinko parlor, Aya Tsukioka demonstrated new clothing designs that she hoped would ease Japan's growing fears of crime.
With a deft motion, Tsukioka, a 29-year-old fashion designer, lifted a flap on the front of her skirt to reveal a large sheet of cloth printed in bright red with a soft drink logo partly visible. By holding the sheet fully open and stepping to the side of the road, she showed how a woman walking alone could elude pursuers - by disguising herself as a vending machine. Read More...
Not very convincing. It looks like a "disguise" Michael Jackson might wear. Besides, I see the potential for a seriously uncomfortable moment with a thirsty assailant.