Peachtree St at Pryor St, Atlanta, Georgia. Click photo to enlarge.
The Loews Grand Theater opened in 1893 as the DeGive Grand Opera House. In 1916, the opera house was converted to a movie theater that operated until November 1978 when it was closed due to a lack of patronage. The theater burned to the ground a few weeks later.
The Paramount Theater was razed in 1960. The upper façade of the theater (not visible in this photo) was removed prior to demolition and used in the construction of a home in Moultrie, Georgia.