Here are a few interesting articles and posts:
- The brain is not a reality recorder: Neuroanthroplogy.
- Wray Herbert discusses some fascinating research that looks at philosophy and genocide.
- Does caffeine reduce risk of dementia by protecting the blood brain barrier?
- Do words have definitions? Cognition and Language Lab.
- The Teenage Brain... a work in progress: Dr. Bliss comments.
- The Illusion of Streaks: "Someone should really tell the NCAA tournament television commentators that "the hot hand" doesn't exist. I've gotten pretty tired of hearing these tired cliches about Texas going cold, or Stephen Curry catching fire yet again. Never has a cognitive illusion gotten so much play." -- Jonah Lehrer, The Frontal Cortex. The Situationist also had a post on this subject last year.
- Is your weight in your genes?
- A stimulant improves sleep in patients with ADHD: The Corpus Callosum discusses this counterintuitive finding in terms of faulty inferences we make based upon drug class.