« Magazine Crews | Main | Vintage Photos: 1937 »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Comments

I don't know who or where it was so I can't be accused of libel, but I'll bet it was arson. And, sadly, I'll bet we will be seeing more of it as over-leveraged landlords torch their places. Ironically, some of the laws protecting tenants make it more likely (like rent control and lengthy eviction processes) Unintended consequences. THose poor people Our church has been helping a family of ours who were renting in a badly maintained building, who lost EVERYTHING in a wiring fire.

No rent control here. The rents are low by New York standards, but it's still a lot of money for lower income people.

If it was arson, the firefighters probably already know.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Photos

Photography