For a good chunk of the day yesterday, Site Meter was hanging up the loading of my site and I couldn't sign in at the Site Meter log-in page because the "database [was] temporarily unavailable." So I removed Site Meter for the third time. I really don't like the way load times on pages are getting slowed because of all the dynamic material and all the hinky gadgets that are dependent on other sites functioning smoothly. I still have Typepad stats, which gives me raw numbers.
I find myself visiting Andrew Sullivan's site less frequently because it's turning into a slow-loading, bloated pig. Sometimes it's fine, but often it isn't, so I bail more quickly when I see that all the doodads over there are dragging it down.